Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Made to Crave with a side order of Truth.

"My friend E. Titus sums it up what I am discovering as well:"


"When I get all caught in in how unfair it is that my friend is skinny and doesn't have to work at it, how she can eat what she wants when she wants, and how much it stinks that I can't be like her, I remind myself that God didn't make me to be her.  You see, He knew even before I was born that I could easily allow food to be an idol in my life, that I would go to food, instead of to Him, to fulfill my needs.  And in His great wisdom, He created my body so that it would experience the consequences of such a choice, so that I would continually be drawn back into His arms.  He wants me to come to Him for fulfillment, emotional healing, comfort---- and if I could go to food for that and never gain an ounce, well then, what would I need God for?"

quote from the book Made to Crave by Lysa Terkeurst chapter 10 page 105

I read this quote over a week ago and it still knocks me down every time I read it.  Reading it is like a punch to the gut the takes my breathe away and leaves me gasping for air.  Never in my life has something hit me this hard, making me feel so small, yet so free.  It is like God had that written just for me, a serious answer to everything I have asked Him about in the last 20 years of my life.  Just powerful words with just amazing truth.

Time to discover what else is in my box, open it, examine it, rip it to shreds, and toss it in the trash.  Time to replace trash with Truth.


No comments:

Post a Comment