Monday, April 9, 2012

Week 5: A super week with a super attitude



So how did I do?

I titled this post super because it really was a great week.  Everything, both eating and emotions were on track and back to normal.  I am not sure what the scale will say yet, as it is also my monthly gift week, but regardless, I will not let it get me down or distract me from my goal.


I could have let the super bowl on Sunday drag me down or worse yet, given myself a license to pig out, but I didn't.  And why?  Because it is just a day, and even though our culture currently celebrates it as if it is an actual holiday on par with Christmas, I do not.  I love football as you now know, and have been watching the super bowl with my dad since the 5th grade.  Actually, it was the Super Bowl winner, the 49ers, who beat the Denver Broncos that year, that spurred on my fan-ship and love for the 49ers.  So yes, I have a long history of watching the Super Bowl, and don't see the need to be a hog or put the day on a pedestal either.  It is one day, one game.  No need to either worship the game, or the food, just because everything else out in the media is telling me too.  That was my attitude, and I know it helped to keep my eating in check both on that day, and for the week.  I ate only the serving size of chips, and smartly filled up on a salad before the nachos came out.

I did also enjoy more wine during the week.  But again I kept it all in line with my calorie count.  Many times during any week, I find myself wanting a treat of some sort.  So I go searching the house for one, only to never find one, because I don't like keeping tempting stuff around for that very reason.  But I realized, since I had a glass of wine on Monday with my meal, and I knew I would have wine Friday, it did level off that feeling for a treat later in the week.  I will have to keep that in mind for the months to come.  Plus, glory, glory, hallelujah, I was able to go to Sprouts and completely bypass the devil bins!

Yes, folks for the first time since I started this series, I actually met my goal of staying away from the Sprouts bins.  And my oh my was it was a challenge.  I did not realize the gravitational pull those bins have over me.  I think I walked over and around those damn bins at least half a dozen times, trying to think of a reason to buy something, but a good valid reason failed to come into my brain.  I even tried the whole, "Oh I will just buy these as a treat for my son," ploy, but I had to firmly tell myself no.  I am surprised an employee did not call security on me for bin stalking.  But once I walked out of the store with no bin treats in my bag, it felt so amazing.  And you know, sometimes the first time you find victory in a behavior you have been working on changing, and every time thereafter you are challenged to return to the old habit, it becomes easier to say no.  Sometimes you just have to prove to yourself that you can say no, and then it releases that weird hold that it has over you.

I am looking forward to another great week, staying on track both with a great attitude and outlook on food and wine.  My challenge to you and I, tackle that one issue, like Sprouts bins, find victory, and then move forward knowing you can do it.  Thank you and good luck!






This is going to be short and sweet because I am thrilled with my results and don't want to jinx them!

BMI: 24.79, back in the healthy zone!
Weight: 148.8, oh yea!
down 3.1 from last week!

Hard work, and getting back to basics really does pay off.  I am so happy to be below 150 again.  I am also glad I did not throw in the towel last week after a bad weight in.  Like I said last week and it is so true, it is not how many times you fall down that count, but how many you get back up.  Weight loss can be hard, but it does not have to be difficult.  It really comes down to your attitude and willingness to change.  You can't have it all, no one can.  Even the people whom you think can eat and drink whatever they want and not gain weight, really can't.  It is all an illusion in you head, an illusion that keeps you down, and prevents you from moving forward.  If you want to lose wight and keep it off, make the plan, get your head on straight and go for it.  I know once I changed my attitude, everything else became easier, including losing those nasty pounds!

Thank you, and I look forward to next week!

This post was originally posted on 2/7/12 on my wineabit.net site.

No comments:

Post a Comment