Monday, April 2, 2012

Wii & Wine Week 1 Review


So how did the first week work out? 


I would say pretty good,  overall I made much better food choices and really thought about what I was going to eat before it went into my mouth.  I know you are wondering looking at my meals, how is she going to lose weight eating fried fish, hamburgers, and Fettuccine Alfredo?  Simple I say, these are all food I love (except for the fried fish, that was a meal I owned to my husband after losing a bet), however I have found through Cooking Light, how to make them healthy.  Every recipe was both nutritious and good for you if you followed the recipe and portion size.


The first week I was not going to write down points or calories on anything I ate, just writing the foods down was a huge first step.  I have been rebelling from doing the whole journal thing for a while, namely because I was lazy and did not want to face the truth of what I was eating.  I found a fantastic app for your iPhone or iPod, named caloriecounter.com.  I started using it on Sunday and love it! It gives you options to scan the food bar code, type in the calories, or speak to it to find the foods in the database.  The reason I love it,  the ease of use and huge food database.  I have tried many other weight loss tracking apps and websites in the past and have always found them to be clunky, and overly complicated.  So far, I have tracked my foods by either typing in the calories or using the talking method and both have been really great. 


I still struggled to write down everything on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.  I wrote about half of Friday, none from Saturday, and half from Sunday.  I was a little mad at myself initially, but decided to cut myself a break.  I am not striving for perfection here, just doing my best to make healthy and smart eating decisions.  So my goal for this weekend is, write down one full weekend day's of foods. 


Another great idea I came up with is a new menu planning scheme.  I am one of the few people in this world who seems to not got horrified by the idea of meal planning.   I typically plan out my dinners for the week, it just makes life way more simple.  So I took that idea a step further and planned for the entire month of January.  I busted out my January issues of Cooking Light, printed out a calender and plotted out the entire month of dinners.  That might sound overwhelming at first, but I watch football all day on Sunday anyways, so it just gives me something productive to do while being a couch potato.  I will keep you posted on how this new scheme works out.


And it may look like I am an exercise queen but, my husband was home on winter break, so I had more time on my hands to exercise and explore the workouts on the Wii.  I do not see this week looking the same since he went back to work and my schedule is now back to being a little busier.


That's it!  Let's keep this train rolling!


Thank you and have a great day.


This was originally posted on 1/11/12 on my other site wineabit.net

No comments:

Post a Comment